Thread: WordPress login is not working

WordPress login is not working

I am not aware what really happen but instantly the site login has stopped working. I had created a single admin id. This is a test site which has lots of theming work. When I try to type it is giving me error. I want some way to fix this problem. I had tried searching out web. The easiest way to get password is through email, which I had not added. There are some changes which are important and without them I cannot restore the site.

Re: WordPress login is not working

You can backup the themes if you want. You have to login to your cpanel or you can use a ftp software. Password is stored in the database. I had got this issue on a test pc where I had installed WordPress and forget the password. I modified the same through wp-config but that did not helped. Somehow you have to access the database from where you can change the password. Try to look in cpanel. You might get appropriate solution there.

Re: WordPress login is not working

I had did that long back for a client. He forgot the password and was unable to update. I am going to give you process for that. To reset the password you will need your site server access. That means cpanel access. In that you have to go in phpmyadmin. Click on the database which you had applied for your website. Then go in users table and look for your id. You can type the password manually there and save it.