Thread: Unresponsive script error on Firefox v.29

Unresponsive script error on Firefox v.29

I am trying to open a few sites after upgrading Firefox and starting getting this Unresponsive script error. Is there any one else who is getting the same error. I am not able to open a efw sites which I kept bookmark and I visit them regularly. I want a bit help here to resolve this problem. What should I do. I cannot restore the old version back. There is no option available in Firefox about the same.

Re: Unresponsive script error on Firefox v.29

To fix this issue you can install YesScript on your browser. It is a tiny addon which help you in fixing the problem. Just add the same and check back. You have to install this first and then go in the options section. There you can find the url part. Click on that and add the site url which is giving you this problem. Once done try opening the same back again. It will help to fix the issue. Just try this and revert back if the problem still exist.

There are few fixes you can try. I found this solution on the official Firefox site. The first solution is linked with Webroot Spy Sweeper. You will get this error if it is installed on your system. To test just disable this. But if this does not work then you configure Firefox to allow script run longer. for that you have to type about:config in the address bar. Go in that and then look for dom.max_script_run_time. Double click on that and add the value 20.

I started getting Unresponsive script messages in Google search after I upgraded Firefox to v29. I don't think this is ready for prime time! My work around was to go to: support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-older-version-of-firefox, and download the full install for v28. After uninstalling 29 and installing 28, Firefox behaves as it always has -- no Unresponsive script errors when searching with Google.
    I also have turned off automatic update.