Thread: Text Reader for Firefox Web Browser

Text Reader for Firefox Web Browser

Where to get a good text reader software for Firefox. I want one which must be accurate and will give a clear reading output. I am not able to find any good addon on the same. This feature comes in Adobe where it is able to read the document, and I want the same feature in Firefox. I am not able to find. The one which I using is not so great. It is slow and does not pause while reading.

Re: Text Reader fore Firefox Web Browser

There is one addon available that can help you to read the files. It is called as Text to Voice. Just add this and test it on your web browser. I am sure enough it will be capable of giving you accurate reading output. To read you just have to select the text from your screen. It will automatically read the text and will give you appropriate output. Just text and if this is not accurate you can try something else.

Re: Text Reader fore Firefox Web Browser

You can try using Windows internal feature which will read the text for you. Microsoft Windows has a text narrator. You just have to apply the settings and done it will be able to read the content. For that you have to go in Control Panel and then double click on Text-to-Speech. Just click on that and then click on Preview Voice. You can configure text to speech from here and you will be able to get a appropriate output.

Re: Text Reader for Firefox Web Browser

It is very hard to find a text reader for a web browser. And using that addon wills low your browser also. You must try using some simple tools from the web. There are many dictation software which works well if you having a good mic in front of you. And if you are using the traditional one then I am quiet sure you wont get the right output on the screen. Try some windows applications instead of addon for accuracy.

I had used one addon that relay helped me sometime when I am on a page and instantly want to hear something. It is called as Selected text reader. This addon is good when you want to listen to a specific part of a browser. You just have to select and done. The addon will read the same. It works well and give you effective output. You can test this out first and see how accurate it is.

Text reader is nice but not upto the mark. You can use this on your browser to get a bit effective output. I had tried using this after reading this article. The tool help you to have a automatic sliding benefit when reading. You can also select a text and pause through keyboard. It has dual display mode where you can read between two screen. I am quiet happy with the keyboard shortcut this tool offer. You can press things on the keyboard to pause or to make changes.

There is one more addon you can try out. It is called as FoxVox. The tool is tiny but very helpful when it comes to reading. It will read the text once highlighted on the web browser. You have to select it and the addon will read the same. The benefit of using this addon is that it wll not only read but also help you to convert the audio files to mp3, ogg or wav.

For Firefox you can try Reader. But if this is not effective then you can try using Chrome Speak. It is for chrome and it is more better. For those who has mac can go with VoiceOver. This tools are just impressive and great enough to give you constant reading output. You have the list of all text on your screen and through this addon you can listen to them.