Thread: Firefox freeze on video streaming does not respond until restarted

Firefox freeze on video streaming does not respond until restarted

Whenever I try to play any online video Firefox freezes. This problem is less on YouTube, but on any other website when I am trying to stream the browser is freezing. It stuck in between and have to log off my system then only it get backs to normal. Can anyone help. The process remains low in task manager, only Firefox stops responding. If I minimize it, I am not able to maximize it back again.

Re: Firefox freeze on video streaming does not respond until restarted

There can be flash addon in the browser which is causing the mess. You have to re-install it to fix the issue. Go on adobe site and download the latest version of flash. Update that on your system and done. You will get more better performance this time. You have to also check that you are not using any useless addons. You can find the list of the same in Tools > Addons. Just check in that and try back.

Firefox sometime is really buggy and give you this kind of issue. Some sites who has video embeds on them require a separate plugin to run. So when you try to play those videos you have to add that third party plugin also or else it will not work. You will get this issue constantly. In some cases the video that you are trying to see is access by many people at the same time and that reduce the browser speed.

Flash might be crashing due to which you have this problem. You have to remove it first. Once you are done with the installation then try to update java also on your system. If nothing works then remove the browser. I am talking about uninstalling it completely. Just remove it and then install it back. You can download the latest version from Official site. This will resolve the issue.