Thread: netscape is not supported in internet explorer 11 error message

netscape is not supported in internet explorer 11 error message

I am using a computer and have recently upgraded to Windows 8.1. I have also updated Internet Explorer 11 on my pc. If I am trying to use IE11 to submit application form on other website then I am getting an error message that says "Netscape is not supported, please use internet explorer or opera". I have both browser installed in my pc then why is this error coming up? Does anyone have any clue what is going on? Thanks

Re: netscape is not supported in internet explorer 11 error message

The problem seems to only happen in the latest Internet Explorer 11 browser and to solve it you will have to uninstall any add-ons from your browser related to netscape. Another way to solve this issue is to open the website that you want to fill up form in the Internet Explorer 11 browser and go to an option called "Compatibility View Settings" and then go to a dialox box, add your website list in it and save the settings. This way you wont face similar issues that you are getting.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Yes, you are getting that problem because the latest Internet Explorer browser does not support Netscape kind of plug-ins. You will have to manage the add-ons in the Internet Explorer browser. To do that open Internet Explorer 11 browser and then click on the Tools button and then click on Manage Add-ons. After that go to Show and then click on All add-ons and then choose the add-on that you want to turn off. Now disable any Netscape add-on if you find and then click close.

The error that you are getting also means that the website is not detecting the Internet Explorer 11 user-agent string. You can try to use the developer tools and emulation tab to spoof another browser, just press F12, ctrl-8. This way you can emulate any other version of IE and Document mode combination. You will have to leave the Developer Tools window open to use the emulation you want.