Thread: Multiple tabs open automatically in IE on Windows 8.1

Multiple tabs open automatically in IE on Windows 8.1

I don't know why this thing keeps on happening on my system. When I open any page or when I am on any website I see different tabs open up automatically in Internet Explorer. They just keep on popping. When I click on a link there are atleast 3 extra. It also slow down the browser. Sometime it just do not respond. Is there anyone else who is facing the issue. What to do to stop IE from opening up this tabs. I want a bit help on the same.

Re: Multiple tabs open automatically in IE on Windows 8.1

Update your browser. That will help. You can check the version under Help. See that you are using the latest one. If not then you can download from Microsoft website and overwrite the setup over your existing installation. This will add more stability in your system. Multiple tabs are common problem in many web browser. It opens up when your click is stuck or when browser have some third party addon. Updating will make it work better.

I had faced too many problem while using Internet Explorer. I cannot figure out why this browser is so slow. I had added a Google Toolbar on that. After that it is extremely slow when I try to open the pages. It takes long time to get page rank also. I had tested the same thing on Chrome and Firefox where it works really well. I think Internet Explorer is not compatible with any third party addons or web browser. Due to which this problems keeps on appearing.

It looks you are clicks are stucked. That is why multiple tab open on its own. You can fix that by troubleshooting the mouse. If it is a hardware issue then you have to replace that. Just for testing if you can arrange a new mouse connect that to your pc and check. If it works then the first click is not proper. It get stuck when you click it. You can also try re-installing the mouse back again which might also help.

Resetting the settings would help. For that go in Tools > Internet Options and then click on Advance. It at the extreme right. In that at the bottom you can see a reset button. Click on that. This will restore your browser back to old settings. Just click and then test back. I am quiet sure that after clicking on it the browser settings are restored. And then try to open the tabs once again.

It is definitely some kind of malware. I am having the same issue. I am getting too many add popups on my screen. When I open one tab different tab opens up instantly. It is too annoying and all of them are having ads. I had tried re-installing Firefox a number of time but it did not helped. The last thing I did is removed the browser and restore factory re-settings. This has fixed the issue. You can also try the same thing.

I am having this problem in Firefox. There are huge ads on the left and right side and when I click on a tab more than three tabs appear on the screen. At first I thought it was my mouse issue. I checked in add-on and found a extension which I had not installed. It was added automatically. I removed it and the problem was gone. So this was through some third party thing which is in the browser.

Just once boot your pc in safe mode. I am going to recommend you a anti-malware scanner. Install that and scan your system with that you if you are unable to find any solution. I had tried this and it helped me a lot in keeping my system performance better. You can download and use Spybot Search & Destroy. This is a very effective scanner that will scan your pc and will clean it. It is one of the best tool.

I am using SUPERAntiSpyware. It is a paid tool but it is very effective. To get a working solution you have to use the premium edition. You can simply download the trail edition and check. There is a free version also available but it comes with very basic features. This tool offer you real time scanning solution and it is one of the best to stop malware infection. I will recommend you to go for this because it is one of the best in the market.