Thread: Outlook 2007 takes long time to open a attachment

Outlook 2007 takes long time to open a attachment

I am not able to figure out what is the actual issue but Outlook 2007 takes a really long time to open a attachment. Even if it is a image or a word file. It just take a very long time. Last time I got some 5 photos which are large in size. That is easy to understand that it will take time to download, but the very next day I got some pdf files which are in kbs. It took 15 minutes to outlook to open them.

Re: Outlook 2007 takes long time to open a attachment

I think it is your internet problem. You can find out that by testing the download. Go on any popular download website and download some software or any free stuff. And see what kb speed you are getting. You can also check that through speedtest but that will be extremely slow if your internet is not proper. This type of issue also appear if you are not having a stable internet connection. If that is breaking in between.

There is one more easy way to find out whether your internet speed is constant or not. You can try running ping command. For that just launch cmd and then type ping google.com -t and hit enter. See what response you are getting. Check the ping. It should be 1ms. If is higher than 50 then it means your net is slow. And if you are getting request time out issue in between then it means your net is not constant.

It looks the size of file which you are trying to download is quiet bigger. Due to which outlook is taking time to download. You can try opening the same mail in a web browser and download those files. If they are slow then it is not a outlook issue. You have to ask the sender to send you a smaller version of fine. I had faced this issue with zip files. There were around 10mb files packed which was causing this problem.

There can be malware in your system due to which you are getting those un-necessary tab. You will have to scan your system under safe mode with a good antimalware and that will really help you to fix the problem. Just download and add malwarebytes anti-malware in your system. This tool is amazing anti-malware scanner. Scan your system with it and then try back. If you scan your system in safe mode then it will be more effective.

This is really weird. I had also gone through the issue. When I click on any one link on Google sometime a number of tabs are open automatically and it keeps on popping up. I had tried to reset the browser settings but it failed. It looks this is some internal bug with the IE itself. This never happen on Firefox or Chrome. I am using Firefox know and it works fine. When I open only one tab opens up at one time.

I agree that Internet Explorer is really buggy. But it can be a virus issue also. There can be some malware in your pc. Just see what sites open up in your system. It can be due to certain toolbar or due to certain addon which is purposely opening up those website. You have to remove that. Re-installing the entire web browser will more help because it is one of the best way to resolve the problem.

Download and install Hijackthis in your system. This tool will scan your system for all background applications. And it will give you a log report at the end. You can find out what all applications are working and you can get rid of those which you think are not proper. It is not a IE issue. There are some third party apps in your system causing this problem. I agree with the guy above who says that it can be due to a addon or toolbar.

Just for testing disable your antivirus and download the attachment. I had faced the issue due to Norton Internet Security on my system. When you download a attachment it will scan the file and then only it will open up. So just disable the antivirus and test back. If the attachment work then it simply means this security app is affecting the overall performance outlook. So just disable that and check back.