Thread: Is there a permanent option available to block downloads

Is there a permanent option available to block downloads

I want some help to block downloads only. I just want to allow people to surf pages. I had seen people downloading files due to which the speed gets slow. I was also able to find that some are using torrents. I want some way through which I can block the downloads only. But surfing should be faster. Is there a software available for that. I am having a Dlink router. Will that help me to fix the issue. I hope there will be some option for this.

Re: Is there a permanent option available to block downloads

I do not think so. You have to limit the internet speed for that. It is complicated to block download stuff. There are routers but they come with advance settings and you will need a help from network engineer. He can only guide you for this. You have to simply try some other way. Like you can using Windows Group Policy settings to block software installation. This will prevent people from installing torrent clients.

You cannot disable the downloads. There are various browsers which comes with many advance features. But as mentioned above you can restrict software installation. There are option available through which you can restrict the pc bandwidth. A single user will get a prescribed amount of bandwidth only. For that you have to see in router settings. This will restrict the bandwidth usage by a end users.

This thing is only manageable through Group Policy. You can't stop it with any other third party tool. You will need a windows environment here. You can simply enable group policy and configure the download. If you are not on a windows server environment then this thing can be complicated. From router you can also restrict certain urls or keywords and those site will not open up. Many routers has this settings.