Thread: Internet Explorer stuck on Stop Working error on Windows 7

Internet Explorer stuck on Stop Working error on Windows 7

I am having problem with using Internet Explorer 7. It keeps on giving me a stop working error. I am not able to figure out why. I am constantly getting stop working message and the browser just stuck on that. It does not close. I get this while watching videos on YouTube and when I am playing flash games. My system has Windows 7. How to fix this issue. I had tried restarting pc but still the error message appear.

Re: Internet Explorer stuck on Stop Working error on Windows 7

Looks like some plugin is causing the issue. You have to disable the addons in the browser. For that go in Tools > Addons. And there disable everything. Turn off all those things which are not using. This will really help. I was getting the same issue with an antivirus addon. Each time when I search something on Google the addons scan the pages and the entire browser just crash instantly.

Try to reset the entire browser settings. You can do that from Internet Options. Click on that and then click no Advance. Then just click on Reset. Exit the web browser and launch it back again. Then try to surf your sites. If this one still crashes then you have to install new flash update in your browser. You said that your browsing is crashing on YouTube and flash based sites. You can update that and test it. This will resolve the problem.

This is a very annoying error. I am getting this frequently whenever I open my email account. I am having a pretty good internet connection. But even after that when I try opening up the browser it crashes instantly. For all other site it works really well.It looks Internet Explorer is having some issue with java and flash. That is why it crashes. I had switched to chrome where it works really nice. There is no crashing issue at all.

You will have to install latest windows update in your device. That will help you more in fixing the problem. You can run windows update and see what all pending updates you had ignored. Add them and test back. This will surely add a bit more stability in the system. Windows does not has a option to remove Internet Explorer. So that we can re-install it back. That will be more helpful in this kind of situation.

What is the version of your web browser. You can find that in Help. Just see that and then go on the official IE set and match the edition. If you are using a old one then download and install the new edition. Install that in your pc and that will surely fix the problem. Just run the setup. There is no need to remove the old one. This one is the best way to resolve IE crash issue. You can then test back different sites on it.

I was dealing with this issue due to malware. I was having too many free games in my pc and each fo them adds a toolbar. In my system the browser takes really long time to open up. I had used system restore to fix my pc. I had selected a old date. After that the browser is working really fine. You will also have to do the same. But remember this process will remove any recently installed program or application in your pc. You can re-install that back afterwards.

Internet Explorer comes with a internal troubleshooter that can help you to fix the problem you are facing. If you tired everything and nothings work then the integrated troubleshooting tool is the best. All you need to do is go in Help > and in that you can see troubleshooting option. If you are unable to find then update your browser. You can also go in Internet Option > Advance and reset all browser settings. This will also help.

The browser is very annoying. It is also slow. I do not think Internet Explorer can work like Firefox or Chrome. In my case it is very slow when I am using more than 4 tabs. It is hard to see anything. But in one tab it works well. So this looks a clear performance problem. I had switched to Firefox. It is nice and much better compared to IE. It works well, and does not lag. The output is really great here.

Turning off addon will be enough to resolve the problem. You might have installed to many things in the browser. That is the reason you are not getting appropriate output. You can simply disable that. Most of the time resetting the browser settings fix the problem. But if that is also casing the same issue then there can be some other security problem in your system. You will have scan your system for that.