Thread: How to get rid of Bing Click to Search on Firefox

How to get rid of Bing Click to Search on Firefox

This is so annoying. I am unable to get rid of Bings click to search. This thing keeps on appearing on the page and it is very irritating. I want a bit help to turn this thing off completely. I am using Firefox and I was installing a toolbar which asked me to add bing. I clicked on ok and later on I am just getting this click to search button on the screen that prevent me to click on a link sometime. How to turn this thing off. I cannot see any settings.

Re: How to get rid of Bing Click to Search on Firefox

You have to remove the bing toolbar for that. It is installed in your system. You can try to check in addons. If there is bing available then just disable it. Go in Tools > Addons and see Bing. If not then you have to go in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and there you can see Bing. Click on that and select uninstall. That is another easy way to remove it. You can also run system restore if none of my solution works.

Always be careful whenever you are trying to install any free thing. They add this malware stuff due to which the entire browser settings is messed up. I was able to turn this thing off in Internet Explorer and I am going to mention steps for that. I am sure this will help. For that you have to go in Tools > Manage Addons > Search Provides > Bing > Disable. I am sure there will be similar settings in Firefox also.

Whenever I am having any problem with the web browser addons I reset the browser. And if that does not work then I re-install it. Resetting Firefox is easy. When you reset, default settings are loaded. Settings which you get when you install the browser for first time. There are two ways of doing this. First in the address bar type about:support and hit enter. On the right side you can see reset button. Or you can go in Help > Troubleshooting Information.