Thread: Download Manager does not save files in Firefox

Download Manager does not save files in Firefox

I a having a problem with Firefox. I am using video download helper plugin to download online videos. I had received a update recently. After installing that I got some compatibility errors. I ignored that. Now when I click on video download helper to download any video it fails. It shows that it is downloading but the video size is 0kb. I can see the full video title in Download Manager, but it just stops. It looks like something is blocking the videos.

Re: Download Manager does not save files in Firefox

From where are you downloading those videos. If it is YouTube, then some official channels does not allow you that. And if this are regular videos then you can try re-installing the plugin. Go in Tool > Addon and turn off the plugin, then turn it on back. This might work. If not then just re-install it back again. That will surely fix the issue. There are chances that after updates the plugin is having compatibility problem.

You can try re-installing the browser back again. It happens a number of time when there are new updates you face such issue. Most of the time newly installed plugins does not work. Just re-install the browser and this this download the most latest version from the official site. Install that and check back. That will be enough to resolve the issue. If still it does not work then you have to use some other plugin.

There are many plugins you can test. Like Flash Video Downloader, 1-Click YouTube Video downloader, etc. Just add this in your browser and test. I am sure you will get a proper output from that. I got this issue when I was trying to download hd music videos from official YouTube channels. They are not allowed to download due to which this plugin fail to work. Just test this different plugins one by one.