Thread: youtube full screen video shows white border at bottom

youtube full screen video shows white border at bottom

I usually watch gaming walkthroughs on youtube channels whenever I get stuck in the game. Recently from 3-4 days, I have noticed that if I am trying to play any youtube video in full screen mode then I can see a white border at the bottom of the video, which seems quite irritating. The video will still play without any audio issues and no border in the medium screen at all. Is there anyone who can tell me how to get rid of this issue? Thanks

Re: youtube full screen video shows white border at bottom

I was also facing the same problem on my Google chrome browser and to solve this issue I first went to the Chrome plugins. After that I clicked on the plus sign in the top right side of the Windows to show more details. Next I located the Adobe Flash Player plugin and disabled the flash player which says it is stored in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome and left the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF as active. This way the problem got solved for me.

Well, have you tried to install the latest video drivers in your computer and also tried to uninstalled and reinstalled your Chrome browser as well. If this doesnt solve the issue then you can try to play the video on some other browsers like Internet Explorer and see if that works or not. There are many Chrome users who are facing this issue on the same browser and it seems an update is required from Google to solve this problem.

Well, I would ask to do some troubleshooting in your browser. First of all clear its cache, then delete cookies, disable or remove addons and extensions. You can even try to Reset browser or else use a new browser profile. Also check that you have the latest browser version or the latest flash player installed in your pc. If still this doesnt work then try to go to Advanced Settings and check mark the "Use hardware acceleration when available" options and see if that solves the case.