Thread: Where can I get Chrome Browser 64 Bit for Mac OS X

Where can I get Chrome Browser 64 Bit for Mac OS X

I am running Windows 7 dual boot with Mac OS X Mountain Lion on my pc. I was wondering if there is any 64bit version of the Chrome browser available for Mac operating system. I would like to test how fast this browser would work on the mac os. I tried searching on the internet for this version of the browser but cannot find it anywhere. Is it even released for the Mac OS X or it is in production? Thanks

Re: Where can I get Chrome Browser 64 Bit for Mac OS X

I have heard that the team is working to release a 64bit edition of the Chrome browser for Mac OS X. There are many bugs and errors relating to the delay of this browser. Until a stable version of this browser is not released you will have to wait for sometime to get hands on it. If you are having some issues with the 32bit version of Chrome then you can try to use Safari browser in the meanwhile.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have heard that the team is working since 2009 and its been 4 years and above without any stable release of this build. It has been noticed that a massive number of changes has been done for the Chrome browser. Also there is a completely fresh Javascript engine with a completely new rendering engine which is also going to be implemented. Hope that the 64bit version of the Chrome browser releases quickly.

I dont use Chrome browser on my my Mac OS X but I use Safari which usually uses less resources even if I leave the same tabs open in both apps. I only find some problems with different add-ons of Safari browsers like Google Talk, Evernote, Google Translate, which is not reliable as what is available in Chrome browser. However there are some apps like Google Hangouts in Chrome which is very resource hungry.