Thread: Entry Point Not Found error message with firefox.exe

Entry Point Not Found error message with firefox.exe

I am using Firefox 27 version on Windows 8 operating system. Whenever I am trying to open a link to site which is emailed to me via Thunderbird then I am getting an error message "The procedure entry point ?DllBlocklist_Initialize@@YAXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library". I was trying to find some solutions for this issue but there is no perfect workaround for same? Can anyone please tell me how do i solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Entry Point Not Found error message with firefox.exe

You will have to again reinstall firefox cleanly, so download a fresh copy of Firefox browser from its official website and save it to your desktop. After that uninstall your current version of Firefox and also remove the Firefox program folder before installing the new copy of firefox via its installer. Also, you are not supposed to remove your personal data when uninstalling.

After removing the old version of Firefox from your pc you should check to make sure that you have completely removed all the traces from your browser. After that when you will install clean version of firefox then when it starts for the first time you should get the normal greeting of "Thank you for using firefox" or so and you shouldnt have any history, bookmarks, extensions, etc; installed in the first instance. If these are all still present then you will need to remove firefox again.

You can also try to use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall your Firefox version 27 and use its deep scan to completely remove all the traces of the browsers installation. After that shut down your computer and restart again. Now check to make sure that there are no firefox folder on your hard drive. After that download the latest version of Firefox from its website and install it in your pc again.