Thread: Firefox sometime stuck for 2 minutes while surfing

Firefox sometime stuck for 2 minutes while surfing

Why Firefox stuck sometime in between.This happens constantly. I frequently visit website like YouTube, facebook, etc. This sites are always open in the background tab. Sometime when I try to open a new site the browser stuck in between. It does not even exit and starts back. It is very annoying. I have received a update popup and the problem started after that. Is there anyone else who is facing the problem.

Re: Firefox sometime stuck for 2 minutes while surfing

If you are opening many tabs at the same time then you will face this problem. Too many tabs cause the problem. Try to visit 2 to 3 tabs at a time. If the site that you had open is heavy like it had videos, ads, wide resolution images, etc, then it affects the browser performance. Update does not cause any problem. You must simply re-install if you want. Go on the official website and download the latest version of Firefox and test it.

Browser performance is also affected if your internet connection is not proper. Sometime the connection drops in between and cause the issue. You have to contact your isp for that. To find out whether your net is working fine or not you can run a ping command in cmd. Just type ping google.com -t in cmd and see that you are getting constant response or not. If there is a request time out message in between then it means the net bandwidth is not stable.

There can be some addon or plugin causing the problem. I got this issue due to a security plugin which was installed by my antivirus. Whenever I open up new site the plugin scan those url and shows me whether they are proper or not. This affect the browser performance. You can try running Firefox in safe mode. See whether it works fine or not. If it still freezes then you can re-install it.