Thread: Chrome browser gives mp3 downloads instead of streaming

Chrome browser gives mp3 downloads instead of streaming

Whenever I try to stream any video or audio I am just getting the download of that through Google Chrome. For example watching a video Youtube. When I open any video I get a mp4 file to download the same is happening for music also. I am getting mp3 files to download. What is this weird problem. How to fix it. How can I make chrome to stream online multimedia content. I am unable to find a answer.

Re: Chrome browser gives mp3 downloads instead of streaming

That is indeed strange behavior, have you tried disabling all the add-ons? It sounds to me that you perhaps have one of those YT downloaders installed hence the behavior.

Also does this happen on other browsers too?

Thanks for the reply 5niper,

This only happens on Chrome. I am using a online music streaming website gaana.com. When I click on any audio file chrome popup a download window. But everything works well on Firefox. Check this image. I clicked on a song and what I get is a mp3 file. I get the same thing for Youtube. I have Internet Download Messenger installed in my pc.

Google Chrome Streaming issue

It looks the player in chrome is disabled. I am not sure about the settings for that. The best thing you can do here is simply re-install the web browser. You can download that from web. The new version will be better and once you re-install all settings will be restored. They try to stream the content back again. This will definitely work. Re-installing fixes a majority of issues. And if you are installing new version then it will be more stable.

It can be some addon in the browser. You have to remove that to fix the issue. You can find that in the addon tab. See whether there is something which is blocking anything online content. It is weird that chrome is giving you a direct download of that file. I had tried to do this many time for streaming content but it does not work. You are quiet lucky. You can download all latest mp3 files from any popular music streaming website.

That is there reason I am using Firefox. This browser is more stable and better. You can stream content and do a lot more thing in it. It works fast and allow you to stream huge amount of multimedia content quiet easily. For downloading those files I am using Video Download Helper. This is a tiny addon through which you can just download all the files instantly.