Thread: Google Chrome extension for high speed upload

Google Chrome extension for high speed upload

My uploads are working really slow. I am using Google Chrome. I want some help to find a proper extension through which I can upload files at much faster rate. I am unable to do the same. I had tried various things but still the upload is slow. Does there is any third party extension available through which I can upload files. I am just getting a 30kbps of upload speed while I have 1mbps connection.

Re: Google Chrome extension for high speed upload

I do not think any extension can help you here. You have to contact your ISP for that. Go on speedtest and just check what is the actual download and upload speed you are getting. Does that is around 1mbps. If not then your ISP has not released the full bandwidth due to which you are facing that problem. Just verify the list first. See that you are getting maximum upload. If it is lower than what you had mentioned then you have to ask your ISP to fix that.

For what you need a uploader. Are you trying to upload a file on a third party file sharing website or on your own server. If you are trying to upload that third party file sharing website like 4Shared then the upload speed is affected due to various reason. I have a 8mbsp internet connection but I can only get around 50kbps of upload speed on 4Shared. That is limited by 4Shared itself. They do not give you maximum speed. There is some type of capping for every user.

Just for testing purpose you can try a ftp server. There are some web hosters that give you a limited free hosting. Create a FTP server on that share files. See what upload speed you are getting on that. If it is high then it means the place where you are trying to upload file has restricted the uploads. So here no extension can help you. You have to upload things at the said level only. You can try a desktop based app like Filezilla for uploads. This would be faster.