Thread: After running new windows update Outlook Express is crashing

After running new windows update Outlook Express is crashing

I have two mail accounts in Outlook Express. It was working fine until last week when it suddenly started crashing. Each morning I launch outlook and start downloading my emails. It is now crashing instantly. This problem started after installing new updates in the system. While before that everything was working quiet fine. Can anyone help me to fix this issue.

Re: After running new windows update Outlook Express is crashing

Go on the below link and run Outlook Product Stability Diagnostic. This is a simple tool that can help you find out the problem with your mail client. You will need live account for that. It will scan your system online and will give you appropriate information at the end through which you can troubleshoot outlook. Just run this and post the results here. See what output you are getting.

Outlook Product Stability Diagnostic

If you did not find anything from the above utility then just run OffCAT. I always run this tool to get a complete report of all installed office applications and problems with them. You just have to download and install it in your system. You can find the msi file below. So just run this and see what report you are getting in the end. This would be easier for fixing many office problems.

Office Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT)

You can get a bit more information about the issue in Event Viewer. That is the only place where windows store all error reports. And it gives you a nice description on all the errors. Like the associated file which is causing the crash. Just go in that and locate the error log report. Paste that thing here. Do not attempt to re-install office. You might loose all your emails.