Thread: Want some help to remove Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Want some help to remove Internet Explorer 9 Beta

I want some help to remove Internet Explorer 9 Beta. I had installed this long before on a laptop. I got the update message but I do not know what is happening. The update stuck in between and the browser crashed. I want to remove this so that I can install the latest edition. Can anyone help me here to fix this issue. I had tried the regular un-installation method but that does not worked.

Re: Want some help to remove Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Just download the latest version and run its setup. The new browser installation will overwrite the existing one and you can use it later on. I do this whenever I get error while removing old programs. You can also try doing one thing. You can run system restore to get your old settings back. And then try to uninstall the web browser.

You have to first remove any updates associated with Internet Explorer to get rid of this issue. For that go in Control Panel > and click on Programs. Then click on Uninstall a Program. In that you have to click on view installed updates. Just locate Internet Explorer 9 in that and remove it. Reboot your pc and then install the latest version back again.

If you are not able to remove it manually then you can try using a third party software. There are ample of them available. The best among all is Revo Uninstaller. Just download and install this program in your system. Run it. It will scan for installed software in your pc. You have to tick on each of them one by one and remove them. This is the easiest way to remove programs.