Thread: Download files disappear on Google Chrome

Download files disappear on Google Chrome

I am just facing a bit weird problem in Google Chrome. Few days ago I switched to chrome, because Firefox was freezing a lot. I got a popup notification to run new updates. And I installed that. But after that I am unable to find any of my downloads. I remember the same issue, occur on Internet Explorer long back. But now this problem is on Google Chrome. I cannot see the downloaded files. What should I do to fix this.

Re: Download files disappear on Google Chrome

Hit Ctrl + J. You can see a download tab on your screen. Just check in that you are able to see the download file. You can just run the setup through that. But if is not visible then just re-install chrome and that would be enough make things work.

Long back I got the issue with Firefox. And I am abl e to resolve the same through a tiny settings. I want to share that and hope that this would be easier for you to get rid of the problem you are facing. In Firefox you can access all the settings through about:config. Just type this in the address bar and hit enter. And in that I had to modify the value of browser.download.scan. And in that add the value false. And it worked. In your cause there should be something which is turning off the process of saving download files. Once they are downloaded Chrome might be deleting those file. You just have to enable things to make it work. The second thing you can do is use a third party download manager. Which is also easy and simple. You don't have to rely on the web browser.

I am using IDM here. It is one of the best download manager and it is also amazing. Each time when I click on any download link I got a popup on the screen. I then run the download through that. It is one of the best download manager.