Thread: delete top websites and bookmark in android version of firefox browser

delete top websites and bookmark in android version of firefox browser

I am using a Galaxy Note 3 mobile phone and I regularly visit some websites on it. The problem is that when ever I open the browser then it always shows the top sites that I regularly visit at its launch. I do not want any other person to know which websites I am visiting daily on my mobile phone and hence I want to know a way on how to delete this top websites from my android phone in firefox browser, also how do we delete the browser? Any ideas

Re: delete top websites and bookmark in android version of firefox browser

To remove a bookmark from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone you need to long press or long tap a bookmar and then you will get an option to remove it, simply tap on it. For deleting the top websites I think that you will need to remove the site from the firefox's History. After removing it from there the sites that you have removed will not appear in the top sites. But you will require to search out every instance of a site in your history which is time consuming.

You can easily remove the website entries which Firefox displays in your android mobile phone on the new tab or at the homepage. You simply need to move the finger over the entry which you want to delete and hold on it until you get a menu. Now choose to remove from the context menu to delete it from the display. You will be notified that a page is removed which means it is successfully deleted.

I would recommend you to clear all the private data which will remove all the websites fromt he tops sites listing which are not bookmarked also. To do this, tap on the menu button on the home page or if a website is displayed in a tab in the browser. Now choose Settings from the Opyions and then go to Privacy page. After that tap on Clear private data and then Clear Data to remove all websites from the top list.