Thread: Internet Explorer Auto-Search redirecting me to Yahoo

Internet Explorer Auto-Search redirecting me to Yahoo

Each time when I search something in the address bar it redirect to me some other website. I first thought this was due to wrong spelling but now it is constant.. Now it is constantly redirecting me to Yahoo. When I type Hotmail and hit enter instead of giving me search results it takes me to Yahoo. I want some options to turn this thing off. I had checked inside settings. I cannot find any settings associated with Auto-Search. I hope there will be some option available through which I can simply turn this feature off.

Re: Internet Explorer Auto-Search redirecting me to Yahoo

This is not a features. It can be counted as a redirecting malware. Many time when we install free stuff on our system this malware are installed with them. They will hijack your home page or simply redirect you to different site. Try to reset the browser settings and test back.

This can be a virus issue also. You have to use some security tool to get rid of the issue. If possible try to re-install it. But we do not really have much options to repair IE in Windows. There are some more things you can try .Boot your system in safe mode first. Then download Kaspersky TDSSKiller. Run this tool. The tool will scan your system.Once any threat is detected by this delete it. Then you have to run RKill . This tool will kill any malicious background process. The last thing you have to do is download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware in your system. The tool is free with limited features. Scan your full system with that. Once done restart back your pc in normal mode and then check back. If still the issue is not resolved you will have to run system restore.

To save your time switch your browser. Download any popular one and use it. Do not stick with IE. Most of the solutions mentioned above does not work. Just keep on scanning your system with updated antivirus. You have to format you pc to completely get rid of this problem.

OMFG Re: Internet Explorer Auto-Search redirecting me to Yahoo

Your system might be badly affected by malware files. First you re-install your browser. And use a better antivirus in your system. And, try not to install software which is not used. This will improve your system speed.