Thread: Problem with Import/Export Wizard after IE update

Problem with Import/Export Wizard after IE update

I need some help to fix the issue with Internet Explorer 11. Here I am not able to import bookmarks from the old files. I had created the same a few weeks ago when I was formatting my system. But now when I am trying to import the same I am getting a issue. The browser just crash while doing the same. Is there a tool available through which I can fix the damage bookmark file. How to fix that thing.

Re: Problem with Import/Export Wizard after IE update

Looks like the file is damage. Due to which you are not able to import that. To find whether the file is proper or not try to import the same in Firefox. And then export it back. This would be enough to get rid of the issue. If even in Firefox you get the same error then that file is damage.

The best thing to do is always use a third party addon for keeping your bookmarks save. I am using Xmark here. It is one of the best third party addon through which you can backup your entire bookmarks on a simple online account. It will automatically sync all your sites and give you the proper output. Whenever you make any changes it will be updated automatically by the tool. And whenever you install it back the tool will restore the bookmarks easily on the existing browser. It is a cross browser plugin that means it is available for opera, Firefox and many other browsers. So to get your b bookmarks you just have to add this and add your account details. That's it you will be able to get all the bookmarks sync.

Can be some kind of bug with the browser. As mentioned on the first port try to import that thing in any other browser. This would be enough to fix the problem. If not then your file is broken and I do not think there is any way to restore that.