Thread: Tool to configure common bandwidth for all downloads

Tool to configure common bandwidth for all downloads

I want a software through which I can configure a common download speed different applications. Like I keep some videos to download on Firefox. I am also using utorrent. I have a bandwidth of 1mbps. uTorrent capture the maximum and when I check in Firefox I can only see around 10 kb of speed used by each video. In this way it takes a long time to get all. I want a tool that can bifurcate the bandwidth among all software's. I had tried to check out some internet control tools but none of them work. They just help to limit my bandwidth.

Re: Tool to configure common bandwidth for all downloads

In utorrent you can manually set the limit of download bandwidth. I kept that on 300kbps on my system. Other is available for regular usage. Just limit that and see Firefox download will rise up more.

The best thing you can do is try some good download manger software. There are many. You are already using uTorrent. You can use IDM in place of Firefox Downloads. IDM offer you bandwidth control. If you have a 100kbps connection then you can divide 50 among both of them. In this way the speed wll be used properly by all. I do not think there is any direct option available through which you can control the internet speed. Most of the tool will only help you to reduce the speed. I am using IDM from downland everything. It works nicely and also offer bit better output compare to the default Firefox downloads. For torrents I keep specific speed reserved so that it does not affect my browsing speed. Compare to all other third party download, IDM is the best one.

I agree with the same. IDM offer easy and simple way to download all kinds of file. It works nicely and does not has any performance issue also. I use this to download videos from YouTube. I like the pause/resume feature of this tool.

There is one tool which you can use. It is called as Netbalancer. I think this would be the first tool of its kind. This tool offer you a smart option through which you can divide bandwidths among different application. Once you launch this tool you have option to set the bandwidth for different software. It is easy and fast. You will get a full traffic chart in the software. This traffic chart shows which application is eating up the amount of bandwidth. And you can restrict that. Like if you want to restrict a torrent downloader you can do that and provide maximum bandwidth to Firefox. This is a paid tool. It is ideal for those who are looking for prioritizing the important download. It is fast and works smoothly. So just test out the software and see what output you are getting.

Net Balancer does not look accurate to me. It shows me a list of different applications which are not working. I had tried setting maximum limit for idm but it not responding the same. I am still working on the settings and hope this would work.

Net Balancer is a advance tool. It has many things to test out. It give you a full chart with all detailed information of various stuff. It not only give you detail of bandwidth but also give you the list of processes which you are working in the background. This kind of tools must be available for multiple routers. It is ideal to manage multiple bandwidths. You have to get bit use to it or else it will be confusing. You can checkout each and every section one by one and see how it works. Just by simple right click to make changes in the applications and use it effective. This kind of tools are ideal for those who are having high bandwidth. You can set rules, you can configure filters and stop applications from using internet.