Thread: Performance wise which is better between Virtualization & Remote desktop

Performance wise which is better between Virtualization & Remote desktop

In terms of fast performance which is good. Virtualization or Remote desktop. In Remote desktop we need active internet connection to use the second system. While in virtualization I can go with installation OS inside a OS. I want some good advice on this. I am not able to get understand which will be best for using multiple system. I am going to host dummy websites on them that will be used for testing purpose. Once they are finalized it will be take to the server. But for testing I need a bunch of system. Through remote desktop I will engage 2 to 3 and through virtual I can use inside my own laptop, but I do not want it to crash.

Re: Performance wise which is better between Virtualization & Remote desktop

I will recommend you to go with remote desktop. You don't really need internet for that. You can use it through lan. Configure static IP on the system and test it out. This will be faster and will give you active results also.

If we count performance wise the Remote desktop is faster. All you have to do is engage multiple system on it. Under virtualization you need a good hardware. Like if you want to run multiple host inside a single system then you need at-least a processor like Core i5, 8GB ram with high end motherboard. Or else the system will be extremely slow and there will be maximum chances of crash. It is better to go ahead with remote desktop. As mentioned above you can use different system and host your site on the same. You can test them out and then finally put them on the server. And later those system will be free for usage. Through remote desktop different systems are available for others to test and make changes. While in virtualization this might be very slow.

Why don't you try one thing. Just get a good server. Then create multiple sub-domains on a single site and one by one add all the site on it. Lock all the website. And once you finalize everything migrate the site to actual server.

I use virtualization. I had configured a lan storage through that. It is configured in my laptop which has a 4GB RAM and Intel Core i3 system. The host keeps on working in the background. After when I start virtualization I had seen a major impact on the system output. The battery also drain fast. And sometime when network users are moving heavy files in it the system gets slowed down. So I kept the system only for a specific work. It is right that for good virtualization output you need a high end system with good hardware and processor. It is not going to work if you go with outdated system.

I have a some offline testing environment on my local network. Compare to online this are really fast. You can do one thing here. Make a system as a web server. Install essential files in that and configure it on static IP.