Thread: Youtube error "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" on my android phone

Youtube error "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" on my android phone

I am using Galaxy Note 2 smartphone which is running on the latest android 4.3 jelly bean update. I recently updated my youtube app to 5.1 and after that when ever I am trying to play any video then I am getting an error message that says "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry." I have tried to reinstall the Youtube app, clear the cache, etc; but nothing is working for me? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Youtube error "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" on my android phone

Did you try to download and install a new web browser like Google Chrome in your mobile phone and after that can you try to stream the youtube video. Check if your internet mobile data is not over. If it is still left to be used then there might be some problem with the mobile network and hence you can try to connect to Wifi network and see if that works.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Re: Youtube error "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry" on my android phone

I dont have any kind of errors while playing video on my android phone. Do you use 3G, 4G or Wifi to stream Youtube videos? Most of the time when you are using 3G or Wifi then you can expect the video to buffer a lot which depends on the signal strength. In any case you can try to update the Data profile by going into Menu > Settings Updates > Data Profiles and see if this solves the issue.

Even I was facing this same problem but I tried to clean the Data from Youtube again and again and I also uninstalled all its updates and now video streaming is working fine for me. I am guessing that because of this update my phone is picking up another region or country and hence it is not letting me to stream any videos. So try to remove all the updates from Youtube and see if that works for you.