Thread: Flash site crashing on Internet Explorer freezing the entire system

Pricles Guest

Flash site crashing on Internet Explorer freezing the entire system

I am using Windows 8. I had recently upgraded to Windows 8.1. After that I am facing a bit issue with flash websites. When I am trying to open YouTube or any other stuff the browser is crashing. I am trying to view the hobbit website. It is not opening at all. The system is crashing and getting slowed down. I need some help to use this sites. I am using the default web browser on my system. I do not think the issue lies with browser, but there can some other things also. I had updated flash player also. What should I do.

Re: Flash site crashing on Internet Explorer freezing the entire system

Change your browser. Download and install Firefox. This will help you to get more proper output. The latest version gets updated with all stuff. If this also crashing then the flash plugin which you are using in your system is not stable.

Try to checkout more site. Usually flash plugin is responsible is for all stuff. Video playback is the most common issue that many faces. There is no direct option available through which we can fix it. The only thing left is go ahead with un-installation of flash player and then downloading it back from Adobe. Then go ahead with fresh setup back again. Try not to use multiple version of flash player in your system. Sometime issue appear because a old version of flash player is installed on your system. You will have to remove the same from your system. And then add the new one on it. If you are unable to find that then you can try download a uinstaller in your system. Use it to remove the same and then add fresh on back. Run windows update to get some stable update.

I am also getting the issue after upgrading. I do not understand why this thing is getting so unstable after upgrading. I was expecting a more better output form the same. But the issue is weird. I am trying to view some flash sites and they are crashing.

Looks like some kind of malware in your system. Once the flash is updated it must work properly. But if it is not then you will have to check for malware in your system. You can also face site redirection. You can try running system restore first. Later on you can uninstall all the browser and install the most recent version one by one. The last thing you can do is go ahead with flash setup. This will resolve the issue. Flash update is easy and by default installed in the system. Check for windows update also. This is also important. This remove the vulnerability in your system in fixing the problem. Windows update plays a vital role in fixing various stuff. But still if nothing works then the last option left is to install windows back again from scratch.

Use a different browser. Try to get Opera or Chrome. Get the latest version and test the site in that. I hope this might work well once it is full updated. But if still it is crashing then run windows update. You might get fix in that.

Re-installation must resolve the problem. But if that is not working then there can be some other issue. The updated flash player comes embedded on Internet Explorer. You do not require to install the same separately. You can try here running a repair setup of windows. Also try to run windows update. Some plugin in your browser is causing the issue. You can remove that and check back. This is the only way to resolve the issue. Go int he add-on manager and wipe out all the add-on. Or try to re-install the browser once again. I had also gone with the upgrade and in my system everything is working fine. There is no issue at all. The issue can also be resolved by resetting the internet settings. You have go in Internet Options for there you can find a Advance options. In that add tick to scrip debugging for IE and for other under Browsing section.

You have to run a flash uninstaller software. There are many. Use it to wipe out. And then run the fresh setup back again. It looks the issue is due to improper registry settings.