Thread: What is IDM Site Grabber and how it works

What is IDM Site Grabber and how it works

I was looking for a application that can help me to save a entire page. On a YouTube video I saw someone using IDM. It was some site grabber thing. I want to know what is the and how to use it. Will it help me to pull all multimedia content through a url. I want some nice app through which I can manage different images on a website. I do not want to right click on all of them one by one and save. I want to copy them together. When I save the entire page I can only see thumbnail.

Re: What is IDM Site Grabber and how it works

There is a tiny tool for that which can help you to get all the images of a page. For that you will need to use Firefox. In that you will have to use a tiny addon called as DownThemAll. Just open the site after adding this addon and then click on it and done.

I use the same thing. It works really well. Now to download all images from a web page you just have to right click on anyone and in that you can see a option called as Download them all. When you click on that it will load a page where it will show you the total number of images on that page. You have to option to choose what you want to download and what you want to skip.You can also add location and filters. Download them all is a really impressive add-on. It offer you smart way of downloading all the multimedia files on your system. You can save them wherever you want. It works really fast and is smooth enough to get all the files from the browser. If you want to remove anything just click on picture media button and uncheck it. That's all. I use this always to get wallpapers. This app is a real time saver and it works really nice.

You need some tool through which you can download the multimedia files at one click. The best tool you can go with IDM only. It is nice. As mentioned above use the site grabber thing and then test it out.

There are different plugins for Firefox. Like if you want only something to save images then you can go ahead with the default feature of Firefox. For that you have to first open the website in Firefox. You can see the favicon of the website. Click on that and then click on More Information. In that you can find all the list of images in it. You can then download them instantly. This works really well, but I am not really sure about the video files. Like you have a video thumbnail on your webpage and you want to save it. For that you have to go ahead with other third party software. I am looking for something that can allow me to save the back linked images. There are ample of things available but then work on the existing things on page only. It does not work with other stuff.

Try to save as page. This will save the maximum images from the pages. But those pages which are linked will will not save. There are some website page downloader tools. You can try the same.

There is one tool which I use before for saving the entire page. It is called as HTTrack. This tool can help you to save web pages of a site and then you can use the same to view later on. The tool is awesome for those who want to archive web pages for later usage. The tool is extremely easy to use and offer you simple options. I will recommend you to test this one. You can save a entire page with all its component at a single place. Then you can use the same to view your content. It is basic but effective when it save a page. The tool is usually design to offer you offline browsing. It maintains the original site by saving its HTML code, images, links , etc. So just for testing purpose you can begin using this tool and see what kind of output you are getting.

Somehow it is not easy to get a entire media link from a web page. It is complicated to pull the attached link. This can be done through some advance media downloaded tool only. The same is not possible through a basic download tool.