Thread: Java plugins not working with Internet Explorer 11

Java plugins not working with Internet Explorer 11

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 OS. After working on this new OS for a while I am continuously getting a window poping up and saying that some hava plugins are not comptible with my system below the internet explorer 11 browser. When I click on the "more information" link then it states to disable the protected mode if I want to run any one of those java plugins? Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem? Thanks

Re: Java plugins not working with Internet Explorer 11

Even I had the same problem but later on I solved it. Go to this location on your drive - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe and then right click on iexplore.exe and choose to run it as administrator. After that you will get same warning but now it will let you to enable the plugin. After that close Internet Explorer and open Interner Explorer from desktop icon. The plugins will be still listed as not compatible, but it will also not show any prompt whenever you launch Internet Explorer 11.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Well, I have an alternate solution for you if the above method didnt work. Basically I was also facing similar issues with java plugins after updating to Windows 8.1 So, I just removed java completely and didnt get warnings anymore. But doing this will change Internet Explorer to no load websites using java. However you can use Google Chrome browser to get everything working back again.

Yes, it seems that there is problem with Java under Windows 8.1. I am not getting a windows popup but rather the bank website that I am trying to access is not opening and just showing "Loading..." infinitely. When I change the browser to IE 10 mode then the website will open fine. All other sites including my bank sites are opening fine in Google Chrome.