Thread: How to keep Facebook profile safe from others

How to keep Facebook profile safe from others

Recently there was in news that many social networking websites password are compromised. This means the attackers get easy access to the database. Does this happens due to fake applications. Facebook has tons of apps. I checkout a new one everyday. Recently I got a notification that my profile was accessed by some unknown device. I want to know how can I keep my profile safe from attacks. I can see certain link coming in the wall.

re: How to keep Facebook profile safe from others

Remove all the apps from your profile. You can find that under privacy. Wipe out all the applications. It is one of the major cause that leaks your profile details and allow others to access. Always keep a strong password and change it in a regular time interval.

There are many things you can do to keep your Facebook profile safe. First as mentioned above use a good password which is hard to guess. Second you must keep a active email account linked with the profile. And add a good password on that email account also. Do not keep a less secure password. Whenever you are using or checking your profile on any other system do not forget to logout. Many antivirus offer you a online scanning for Facebook profile. You can scan your profile from time to time on the same. If there is any malware code the antivirus will warn you. Facebook help center has a option where you can checkout all the extra security measures. This will protect you from hacks and other stuff. You can read those things and follow the same. Apply a powerful security settings on your account. Do not let anyone to post on your timeline.

Whenever you get any link in a email message or through chat messenger never click on that. Those thing offer a direct access to your profile and then it becomes complicated to restore the old things. Never upload sensitive or personal photos on this social networking websites.

There is now way to stop the same thing. Attackers keeps on attacking various social networking platforms and spreading malware. Online scanners can help, but it is the responsbility of website to take necessary measure and avoid such thing.

Re: How to keep Facebook profile safe from others

It is common and many has faced the issue. Even Yahoo and Twitter were in news recently who's password got hacked. It is essential that you must take out-most care while using your social profile. Never upload your person information on the site. Never share any sensitive information associated with your bank account or credit card. Social networking is like a huge web. Where everyone is connected and people can communicate with each other. But people share information blindly on that. They don't go ahead with checking out the privacy stuff. Nothing on the web is safe. It is our responsibility to understand the platform. I had seen those online social media scanners, but they do not look so better.

That is getting common day to day. You cannot do anything in that. Many top social networking and email services are hacked. Now the issue lies with their security policies. They must take care about the same. Because here we are keeping out important data on the web and it is getting leaked so easily. Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, and even yahoo has gone through this problem. The attacker easily get a huge amount of email ids with their password. And that cause more spamming. Sometime your account is compromised. From our side we can only go ahead with keeping things private. This companies on their own must apply powerful privacy control to manage everything.

There are some options that you must carry out always when it comes to social networking. Like never clicks on links send by anyone. Do not share them also. Avoid using apps in it. Some of this apps have malware and they record your login details. Use powerful security question. You can regain your login back if you forget the password. Avoid sharing email address on this site. This can be used by spammers to spread spam. Do not anyone in your friend list. Add only those who you know. Because if you do that then there can be chances of having more spammers and they will try to share your content with others. Control the entire privacy as per your need. Share only those things which are required.