Thread: Is wps the best secure way of using wifi internet at office

Is wps the best secure way of using wifi internet at office

WPS is used from long time to share internet connection through router. A instant pin is generated and people can connect. I am going to hook a high speed internet line at my office. There are in total 20 people who will be using their tablets. So I want to know that wps will be the safest option to share internet. We have really smart people who easily share password with others. I need a proper way of restricting the wifi usage at my premises.

Re: Is wps the best secure way of using wifi internet at office

WPS is nice way of sharing internet with limited people. It commonly appear in any router. But this is a manual way of wifi connection. Each time when anyone need to connect has to come to you and then you have to offer them a pin.

It is easy and simple. I am using it at my home. I had configured the wifi and set a very huge password for that. I do not share that with anyone. But when if anyone want access then I offer the pin to connect. It is simple. You can turn it off whenever you need. The best thing you can do is buy a router that has a wifi button on it. So that when not needed you can turn it off. In this way even if anyone is connected will get a limited time use only. For security there are many other things you can do. Like keeping a firewall on, using a powerful password, etc. A advance router comes with many security settings that can secure your network from various things. But to use them you must know something about networking stuff. WPS or using a strong password are the two easy things you can use here. Wps is secure.

WPS is fast way fo connecting to your wifi network. It is commonly used in many router. At my office I am using the same kind of settings. I will recommend you go for the same. You can generate a simple 4 digit pin and provide access to others.

WPS is used to avoid typing long password. For having a secured wifi network you need a powerful password. If you have a weak one then it is easily compromised. I had gone through some top security articles which says that WPS is not a complete secure way of using wifi. There are chances of having hacked network and later on the same can be manipulated by others. The pin which are provided in wps is very weak. It is not a strong password which can be determined through a wifi tool. You must use a more powerful wifi security standard. WPS is actually vulnerable to attack. If you are thinking that using this will keep your network completely secure then you are wrong on the same. The security pin generated is less secure compared to other security options.

WPS is safe but not completely. It works on tiny pins and if there is a smart hacker in your area then he can easily access. It is better to go with long password and keep on changing the same from time to time.

Different wireless security are easy enough to confuse you. You might be wondering what to choose to keep your network secure at all cost. Before moving ahead to tell which security solution is good you have to understand everything. Like how WPS work, what is WPA and other powerful security stuff. Then only you can apply a good security on your router which remains protected from all other. WPS is not actually a security. It is just to give you simple access to your wifi network without typing a really long password. That's all. For security you have to choose something from WPA2 or WEP. This are the thing which keeps your router protected and secure. Everything here is easy to manage. Never keep your wifi password weak.

WEP is the strongest one I think. This protocol keeps your router secure at all stages offering you a powerful protection. Some router come with DMZ features. This feature allow you to restrict the wifi access to specific area only.