Thread: Why my high speed internet is working slow on download

Why my high speed internet is working slow on download

I had upgraded my internet plan from 2mbps to 4mbps. But still I am not getting good download speed on torrent. I am using utorrent to download some games. The game size is around 7GB. And the maximum download speed I am getting on it is 35kb. This is going to take days to download. I am not able to understand the reason behind slow speed. I had contacted the isp who says everything is fine from this end.

Re: Why my high speed internet is working slow on download

Many isp block torrent traffic. That is to stop piracy. This is a preventive measure taken by many. You will get a good download if you go through some download manager, but if you are using a torrent client then you will get slow speed.

It is right that many isp does not allow you good speed if you are using torrents. To test try to download a YouTube video or any software. You can download a trial version of office from Microsoft site. See what speed you are getting. If you are still getting slow then your plain is under some cap. ISP offer different kind of plans. Some are dedicated for downloads and some for surfing only. Like at my office we have a 2mbps internet connection which in only dedicated for web surfing. Pages open really fast, but when it comes to download the speed is blocked. No third party download manager works here. You can ask your isp to give you some plan that offer a high download speed. You will have to pay a good charge for that. And remember each of this plan comes with fup. That means you have a monthly limit. You cannot exceed that.

You have to call your isp for that. They are only one which can help you. You might be downloading lots of things due to which your internet speed is limited. Try to check your monthly usage and upgrade the plan as per your need.

Many places have latency issue. Due to which you get this kind of problem. Even if you having a good internet speed latency can affect the download speed. Here the ISP can do nothing. This a major issue in many remote place. Latency means the time taken by data to transfer from one place to another. So even if you have a high internet bandwidth but if the latency in your connection is high the download will be affected. You will have to change you isp to find a appropriate solution for the same. There are other service provider which operate on very large scale. They have less latency and your internet will work even better on low speed. It is hard to find which isp has a less latency. Try to checkout other more popular service provider in your area and see what internet speed output you are getting on it.

You can run a speed test. You can checkout what is the issue in that. The thing which you have to see is the ping rate. If the ping rate is high then you have a high data latency in your area. You will have to contact the isp for that.

If you are downloading those files from torrent then checkout the seeders and leechers. If they are high then you will get a good download speed. But if they are low then you won't get any speed. Sometime the same type of game is downloaded by many people. Due to which the download is affected. Try some other game of small size. And see what output you are getting. Here if the seeders is high then you get the file fast. People who had already downloaded it will seed the torrent file so that you get more download. While leechers are the active people who are downloading. You can get the files from on partly basis. Ensure that you double check before downlanding files from torrent. Because there can be virus in those thing.

Go on speedtest and see what is the download speed you are getting. If that is high then your download does not has a issue. The problem lies with the download files. Try to download some other file or from some other location.

your hard drive might be getting full, happened to my computer, we had to add on some RAM

Creative Web Development In Shimla

One thing to remember is, the speed you get on a download is also dependent on the server you are connected to. If they have a crappy upload pipe, or too many connected users...that's what you'll get.

If Speedtest shows it's OK, and general browsing seems to be OK, it's probably where you are downloading that 254mb file from.

Well internet is a great technology ever ,,,as your issue This could be your modem, try turning it off and then on
    If you are far from the exchange this could be another problem