Thread: stop Microsoft Office Upload Center 2013 from running

stop Microsoft Office Upload Center 2013 from running

Previously I was using Office 2010 but now I have removed it and installed Office 2013 edition. But I have noticed that whenever I start my computer then the Microsoft Office Upload Center 2013 starts up. I have checked in the Task Manager but cannot find which process it is utilizing? Can anyone tell me how do I disable Microsoft Office Upload Center 2013? Thanks

Re: stop Microsoft Office Upload Center 2013 from running

Are you using Skydrive desktop application on your computer? If yes then it might have become integrated with your upload center. So, to disable Skydrive for use with Office 2013 you need to right click the Skydrive icon in the system tray at the right side and then click settings. Now go to General and unselect "Use office to sync files faster and work on files with other people at the same time" and then click ok.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

If you are saving documents to Skydrive then the Upload Center will be used. When you will not save or edit or share coduments on Skydrive then you will not use this feature and thus it can be disabled. Click on Start and then in the Run box, type msconfig and click Startup and remove the check mark from MSOSYNC.EXE. Thats it.

In Windows 8, go to desktop and then right click on Taskbar and choose Task Manager. After that click on Startup tab and then see if the Upload Center is listed there, if so, choose it and then click on Disable. If you dont find it there then check at the Services tab. If you find it there then click on Open Services. Find the Upload Service and then right click on it and go to Properties. Click on the General tab and change Startup type to disabled or Manual.