Thread: Chrome browser scrolling problem on OS X Mavericks

Chrome browser scrolling problem on OS X Mavericks

After updating to OS X Mavericks in my system I am facing problem with Scrolling on Chrome browser. The two hand scrolling function is not working on the browser and I will have to exit Chrome and open it again so that it works. Most of the time this problem arises on a consistent basis? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Chrome browser scrolling problem on OS X Mavericks

Many people are facing this problem after updating to the latest OS X Mavericks in their computer. The problem happens because the Chrome setting resets to default settings after updating to Mavericks OS. You will be only entitled to view the scrollbar if you use the up and down keys on the keyboard. However, you can try to change the scrollbar by going to System Preferences > General > Show Scrollbars > and then click it to "Always". Hope this helps

Can you try to disable the option called "Swipe between pages" for both the Mouse and Trackpad in System Preferences and see if that solves the problem for you. If you do a 2 finger sideways swipe or single finger sideways swipe then all the scrolling option is disabled in Chrome. So, try to do the mentioned fix and see if that solves the problem.

If nothing is working then most probably you will have to wait for the 10.9.1 update which will come with the fixed patch for the browser. This problem not only happens with the Chrome browser but also with other browsers like Firefox, Safari as well. So, if the above solutions are not fixing the issue for you then wait for sometime for the patch to get released and apply the same.

OMG I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLME ON MY NEW MAC!! but now its gone.. it happened once more a few days ago, but at least not as frequent as during the first week!