Thread: Google Docs vs Microsoft Office Web for online document editing

Google Docs vs Microsoft Office Web for online document editing

Between Google Docs and Microsoft Office Web which is good. I am using Google Docs because it is free and it offer a simple web editing platform of word/excel files. But thing here are limited. I need a good web based office app through which I can manage all files and keep them on cloud also. This the another reason why like Google Docs, because it has nice integration with Google Drive.

Re: Google Docs vs Microsoft Office Web for online document editing

I also think Google Docs is good. Because this web based program allow you to edit and modify your files and also you can keep them on Google Drive. It is very easy and there is no need to install anything on PC. It is also quiet fast compare to other online document editors.

Microsoft Office Web apps give you professional features. Google Docs is limited and offer you free solution. But if you need industrial level support then you must go with Microsoft Office Web apps. You will need a valid license of Office suite to use the same. The new updated version is optimized to work with touch based devices. You can edit and share your files also. It works with all office documents. I found it faster not slower. I had switched from Google Docs on this. And I found it more featured and effective. One thing I really like is live sharing the file with people and modifying them on the same place. It also allow to merge files which are created in different version. Microsoft Office is a widely used Office suite and in Microsoft Office Web apps we are getting a online version of the same. Similar to Google Drive, you have Sky Drive integration on the same. It works with your single Live account.

Google Docs is free and it is really good compare to other. I found it very simply to operate even on tablet. The output is great here where you can modify the files and you can instantly save them. For others you will have to locate different apps.

Microsoft Office Web is for professional. It is a full office package which offer you many advance features. But you will have to buy license copy for the same. Compare to that Google Docs is very easy and secure. It is simple and easy to manage. You don't have to play unless you are using it for your personal work. There is a paid solution also available through which you can share your docs and manage them with others. But if you are looking for a very advance solution then going for Office Web is good. This allow you to create, edit and share files. The new edition is more optimized. You can use the same on tablets and other stuff. Also you can share your files easily with others. For storage Office Web works with Skydrive. You can keep your files in that, modify the same and enjoy amazing output. Both are different. If you need a free and impressive solution then go for Google Docs.

I am using Google Docs. The reason is that it is easy and has multiple platform support. I am also using the same on my tablet. I am able to edit my files and get the kind of output I am looking for. It works smooth and fast also.

Both are great online tools, and the choice here depends on the usage. Microsoft Office gives you more private space and less spam, while in Google you have to deal with tons of spam everyday. The benefit of having Google Docs is that you are not limited to any platform. You can use it on mobile, tablet or pc. You don't have to install anything. You can add Google Drive folder on your system and sync it instantly with all your devices. This is one of the most easiest way. But if you are looking for some professional features then you can go ahead with using Microsoft Office. This app is a bit advance. You can do more in this compare to Google Docs. If your job is only limited to file editing then Google Docs is more than enough, but if you have advance work then you have to use Microsoft Office. And Office Web offer you a integrated platform to play with files online. So this is quiet simple and easy to manage also. You have restrictions on your file usage and make your own team with whom you can share your details.

I also think Google Docs is really good. I am quiet happy with the interface here. It is very simple and easy to use. While in Office Web you will have to go ahead with paid subscription. So if you are working in corporates then only go for Office Webs or else there is nothing better than Google Docs.