Thread: Unable to view pdf files directly in web browser

Unable to view pdf files directly in web browser

I got a Firefox update recently. So I installed it. After that. I am not able to view any pdf file in the web browser. Whenever I click on any pdf file it download on the desktop. I want to view them directly because I get lots of news letter. Among which 60% are scrap. Downloading them and then opening them is a time
    consuming process. How to re-enable the process. Does re-installing the browser can fix the issue.

Re: Unable to view pdf files directly in web browser

Looks like a plugin crash. You will have to re-install that. You can remove the Firefox and download the latest edition and then run the setup. This will resolve the problem. Also do not forget to install the latest version acrobat reader in your system.

To fix the issue you have to enable Firefox PDF plugin. This plugin help you to view pdf files without downloading them on your pc. Due to some reason it might be stopped and you can restore that easily. By default this things is enabled. And it works fine. But if is stopped then you have to re-install your browser. Or you can try some third party plugin also. I had seen various on the add-on website. Re-installing is the option left to restore its original settings back. If it does not work then there are some other browser also available which you can test. Like you can go ahead with Chrome. It also supports pdf viewing directly in the browser. I found it faster compare to Firefox. It has clean interface and it is very smooth to operate also. You have many plugins available for it. Try it and then check back.

Re-installation will resolve the problem. Some plug-in inside is unstable due to which you are facing the issue. So just do one thing. Try to remove it and directly install the latest version. If you are still getting the issue get a old version.

My Firefox is also behaving weird after update. I use a tiny addon to download video files and another one to limit the bandwidth usage. After upgrading both of them stopped working. The most important one is download speed limiter. I thought this will be working fine, and will be faster after upgrade. But the entire scenario was reverse when I went for the upgrade. I am not sure which version I was using before. I tried to remove the existing one and downloaded a old one from web. But that also failed to work. It is not giving me a proper output. Almost all addons are not working and pdf files also failed. So I am here trying to get rid of the new updates but still it looks complicated to manage. I hope in future Firefox will add some option to remove old update and restore the existing version back. Many old plugin will not work in it.