Thread: Is iWeb simple to use for web publishing on Mac

Is iWeb simple to use for web publishing on Mac

iWeb is the default software on mac that helps to build and publish websites. I need some help to use the same. I am unable to get a proper info about using the same. I had seen some videos which shows that it is quiet easy. It is like a desktop publishing software. It is complicated to find a good desktop publishing tool for Mac system. There are hardly anything available. I want to start a tiny site, and just want to know that using iWeb will be good or there is any other app available.

Re: Is iWeb simple to use for web publishing on Mac

iWeb is good but it is not advance. It is quiet ideal for beginners. Who just want to start web publishing and start working on the site building. You just have to add your web server information on the same and from your desktop itself you can manage your site.

Why don't you go with WordPress if you need something simple. It is a ideal cms for all who want to start their own personal blog. It is simple and easy to configure. You just have to understand its internal file, that's all. It is quiet easy to use and gives you tons of customization option over. If you are using a desktop publishing tool then the output is limited. You are sticked to certain features only. You will not be able to use any extra things on the same. The theme, layout and internal content will remain limited. I will advice you to go ahead with a cms system which can be managed and controlled from the web server itself. There are some benefits of using a cms. You have additional plugin benefit where you can enjoy many advance options on the same. Like you can hook up your own eCommerce store, you can add your own theme and make a impressive layout. iWeb is a actually a web server management type of tool. You can manage your cloud hosting through it.

There are many tools which are advance compare to iWeb. It is for those who are beginner but one day you have to switch to a tool which is more better and has more advance settings. For web publishing I do not recommend you to go ahead with desktop publishing software.

Go for a cms tool. Like WP. Download the help files and learn how it actually works. This is necessary. CMS are easy to manage and great enough to give you proper output. They work well and has no issue with management also. It is very easy to implement. There is a huge difference between a desktop publishing tool and a between a cms. Here in Desktop publishing your work remains limited. You can't do much in it. But in cms you have more additional options. It does not need any setup or installation. It works on plane php and you just need a web browser to test it. It is very simple to manage also. You can create a site on your hard drive first and then you can configure it on the server through ftp. Go ahead with WordPress which is one of the best. It is simple and fast enough to give you smooth output with tons of new plugin support.