Thread: Skydrive uploading speed increasing?

Skydrive uploading speed increasing?

I have recently upgraded to large Skydrive accounts and when I am trying to upload large files than I have found out that it is taking too much time like 2-3days to upload it on Skydrive? I have tested other cloud options like Dropbox and Google drive which seems relatively fast. Does anyone know how to increase the upload speed in Skydrive? Thanks

Re: Skydrive uploading speed increasing?

There was a recent update in the Skydrive desktop client that improves syncing performance. Because of that you can see increased usage of upload bandwidth on your computer. To do this, in the quick launch area you need to right click on the Skydrive icon. After that click on Settings and then click the Performance tab. Now you need to uncheck the box that says "improve upload speed by uploading files in batches."

The normal file trasfer performance depends on different things like speed of the computer, internet download and upload speed, network problem, etc. However you can follow some troubleshooting steps and see if that works. First of all click the Skydrive logo in your pc taskbar and then click exit. After that open it again and sign in. Now just wait for sometime to sync your folder. Also note that you need to use the latest version of the Skydrivee application.

First of all exit Skydrive and then open the run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R key on your keyboard. After that type %localappdata%\Microsoft\SkyDrive\settings\global.ini and press enter. Once it is open then find and add this line numberOfConcurrentUploads = 2 as the first line in the document. You can even set the value of numberOfConcurrentUploads to 1, 2, or 3 if you want. After that save the changes to global.ini and start Skydrive again.