Thread: Internet Explorer 11 Preview and Silverlight problem

Internet Explorer 11 Preview and Silverlight problem

I am running Windows 8.1 on my laptop and noticed that Internet Explorer 11 preview version is not compatible with Silverlight. If I am trying to open websites with Silverlight plugin, then I am just seeing the Install silverlight option and nothing else if I am clicking on it. But Silverlight is already installed and running so why it is not working on my pc? Does anyone has any information about this issue? Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer 11 Preview and Silverlight problem

Did you make sure that you are using or have installed the updated version of Silverlight in your pc? If yes, then also ensure that if Silverlight add-on is not disabled in the Internet Explorer 11 Preview browser add-on section. If it is disabled then try to enable it again by going to IE11 add-on area, then save setting, close the browser and relaunch it.

Go to this website link - http://web.sldrm.video.msn.com/d1/sldrm.html and see if the video is autoplaying. If not then to solve this problem you need to ensure that you dont have ActiveX Filtering turned on. If you have turned it on then go to Internet Explorer Tools > ActiveX Filtering and turn it off. Hope this helps you out.

This issue might be occuring because of a compatability problem between Internet Explorer and the website you want to visit. So, you can try to add all those websites in Compatability View settings and see if that works. To do this, launch IE11 and then press alt key to open menu bar. After that click on Tools > Compatability View Settings and then add the websites in its box. Check mark "Use Microsoft Compatibility Lists" and "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" options as well and save the settings.