Thread: How to download anonymously through office internet

How to download anonymously through office internet

My office has blocked access to social networking sites, download site and to YouTube. When I open any thing I am getting a access denied error. Now we have around 8mbps of internet bandwidth. I need some way to download directly. Is there any software available. Still I can browse site through proxy. But I need some help to download anonymously. I do not want the IT guy to track me.

Re: How to download anonymously through office internet

You can try using proxy. And this will only work if proxy is allowed in your office. If not then I will not recommend you to go with this. Because if you are caught then it is not good. Many business location blocks access to various things. This is done through router itself due to which third party software does not work.

You can do that through proxy. There are some more possible options available. You can start with that. first you can try using a tiny addon for your web browser. It is available for firefox. If you have firefox installed in your pc then launch it and search for anonymoX. This is a tiny addon which will add on your browser. It will change your IP address. So if your office has filter the network traffic on the basis of IP address then this add-on will help you to access block website. It works really fine and has no issue. I am using this at many place. Because at most of the place the site are locked on the basis of IP address. This is a most common infrastructure used by offices. You can just add the addon and then it will allow you to access the website. But if this does not work then the site is locked via keywords. You will have to use a proxy search site for that.

Proxy is not going to work in that. And using a add-on which changes your IP is also not going to help. Because you are in a restricted network. Better avoid the same thing because if you are catched you might face issue. If there is a monitoring software you can get caught easily.

I will also recommend you not to use any third party app for the same. If you are caught you might have to face the penalty. I had tried to do the same at my office. There is certain monitoring tool which generate a ticket and inform the IT guy what I am trying to do.

I will also recommend you not to use any third party app for the same. If you are caught you might have to face the penalty. I had tried to do the same at my office. There is certain monitoring tool which generate a ticket and inform the IT guy what I am trying to do.