Thread: Does Facebook/Twitter supports photo encryption

Does Facebook/Twitter supports photo encryption

Does popular social networking websites like Facebook and twitter has any support for photo encryption. I had seen that encryption allows you to protect your data from getting loose on the web. They are protected and offer better privacy control also. But in Facebook and twitter and I had not found any encryption settings which I can use or try out to make my files more secure. Is there anyone who can help me to find a proper answer.

Re: Does Facebook/Twitter supports photo encryption

No there is no direct features in the site. You have to use third party apps for it. Encryption is a different thing. You can try facebook customer help to get more details on the same. Just drop a email to them and then check back.

I do not think that. Even popular image sharing sites like photobucket, picasa, tinypic, etc do not has those kind of support. If you want to keep your photos secret the best thing not to upload them. If you upload you must avoid sahring that with others.Facebook is one of the most popular social networking site. This website has everything in it. The photo sharing stuff, comments and etc. Encryption is entirely a different thing. It locks the data and protect it from getting risked on the web. To password protect your photos you will have to use some other service. There are certain file sharing site that provide you that features. You can lock the folders. Or you can try to add them in a zip archive and apply the password. That's all. This is one of the most easiest way to deal with the problem.

Applying encryption on online website is really complicated. You cannot just add a password and then send a file to your friend. You need a application for that. I think compare to other skydrive, Google drive, dropbox, are bit secure. You can use them and manage the access permission.

No photo sharing sites offer you image encryption. Most of them give you basic sharing stuff only. Photo publishing has became very common today. Encryption is not really possible on this free websites. You can just keep your image saved on your system. And you can share them through ftp that has secure login. That is the only possible way I think available to keep things private. Sites like 4shared does not provide any download or viewing unless you have a account on that. You can go ahead with that also. But still it is recommended that you must not upload your private files on web. It is better to share them via some other way. You can go ahead with same apps. Like Secret.li. This app is available for iPhone. The app offer you a number of security filters which you can add. You can set the image on auto delete.