Thread: How to send self destructing emails

How to send self destructing emails

How to send a self destructing emails. I am looking for a reasonable service which can provide option to send emails that can be deleted automatically after specific period. This are promotional emails. I do not to spam here. But the mails contain some company information which are distributed among our customers only. I want a self-destructing email which will block its circulation to other people.

Re: How to send self destructing emails

There are some website who offer this service. You have to signup a account in that and then you have to send your mails through it. I had not seen in this feature in popular mail services like Yahoo or Gmail.

Popular mail services doe not provide you such features. You can go for another solution here. There is a online service called as Pivnote. This service allows you to send self destruct notes to people. There is no need to login or create any account in that. I use this normally when I have to send some message to a person. Now it works simple. You have to write a note and then you will be provide a link. You have to send that link to the person through email. As it is opened and read the job is done. The note will be self destructed. It is a amazing and good feature for those who do not want to share their confidential data with any. While in a email service you will require to work with complicated settings or you have to work on third party email service. I had tried to find the same in hotmail but found nothing. I hope there will be something like that available on Gmail.

I am having the gmail account and I need help for that only. I do not want to use any third party mail service. Because if I drop mail through separate id no one is going to open and read it. It will be deleted as spam. I want to use my id for that purpose.

You can do that by using mxHero. This is a tiny app available on Chrome Web store. You have to add this in your chrome browser and then you can move ahead by creating a self-destructing email. It offer you various settings to choose from. I found this one a one of the best option to send emails that you do not want to circulate. Now it has a reply timeout feature. When a user does not respond to your mail you will get a reminder. In this way you can communicate to the receiver about mail you send. It has a attachment track feature. So if you want to know whether your attachment is actually seen by someone you can enable. Many ignore the attachment. This is a easy way to find whether it is seen or not. Self destruct is another great feature here. Through gmail you can create self destruct email with the help of this addon. And the last option that I think is effect is Private delivery. In this email is sent to people who are marked only. Good for those who send huge amount of mails.

Self destruct emails are send with a expiration time. When it is not read in that prescribed time it is deleted automatically. I am looking for the same thing in Outlook but not able to find any settings which actually works. Is there any third party add-on available that can do the job.

Compare to creating self destructing email, creating self destructing note is more possible. You can create a note and attach the same in your email. You can then send it to a person. Most of those are shared in the form of url. This are automated script which delete the content once viewed. Now this is more beneficial. Because you do not have to use any third party tool for that. Self-destructing mails are not so popular. But self destructing notes can be found out easily. Just try them out. For outlook or any other email client this settings are not available. Microsoft has not integrated any feature like that. You have to use third party stuff for the same.

I am using self destructing notes and they work fine. They are shared via url. Even if the mail is forwarded to anyone the content is wipe out once it is read. I
    do not keep the messages on timeout settings. I keep them on read settings.