Thread: IE 10 installation Error Code 9C59 on Windows 7

IE 10 installation Error Code 9C59 on Windows 7

As most of the people have now already started using IE 11, even i thought to upgrade from IE 9 on my Windows 7 system. I'll upgrade to Win 8.1 later after its official release. As of now, i need you guys help installing Internet Explorer 10 my Win 7.

I downloaded the IE 10 standalone installer (IE10-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe) from Microsoft's official page. I run the installer normally as we do with other .exe files. But here comes the problem. I dont know what is wrong either with my system or with the installer, the process ends up every time with an error code as mentioned in the title above (9C59).

I'm trying to install it since last 2 days by making some changes every time in the computer settings but yet the error appeared every time. Hope anyone of you can help me out getting rid of this.

Re: IE 10 installation Error Code 9C59 on Windows 7

The error code (9C59) is actually related to Windows Update and not to Internet Explorer, however IE installation is somehow connected to Windows Update, it may occur while installing the same. But to fix it, you have to make sure windows update is working fine. You should better run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

You can do this by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Update.

Re: IE 10 installation Error Code 9C59 on Windows 7

First of all make sure that you have Service Pack 1 installed on your computer. Internet Explorer 10 requires SP1 on Windows 7 to install. Apart from this there are few prerequisite updates which are required for Internet Explorer 10. This is usually downloaded from Windows updates itself. Hence follow the steps below to fix it:

• Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click Check for updates.
    • Click <Number> important updates are available in the Windows Update window to check whether Internet Explorer 10 is included in the list of available updates. If Internet Explorer 10 is in the list, clear the check box to exclude it before you install the other updates.