Thread: Facebook seems to working on some kind of profile rating stuff

Facebook seems to working on some kind of profile rating stuff

Facebook the popular social networking giant looks to be deeply working on some kind of profile rating stuff. It is common that once this kind of stuff are popular they have a major spam issue. The same lies with search engine also. So there must be some kind of algo set for avoid spam profiles on it. There is no clear info available how this is going to work. But for this Facebook has to access our personal data.

Re: Facebook seems to working on some kind of profile rating stuff

If we talk about user privacy then Facebook has no right to access our private data. They offer us platform to share stuff, but that does not means, they can compromise with the user privacy. I had also seen some kind of targeting user behavior on the basis of his/her profile.

All this things are done for advertisement. They want to sell something to the user. Facebook has started showing up ads on the user wall. And this are the costliest add. So in order to understand what a person needs, this kind of things are applied. This are also done by many search engine. The thing you search the most will give you similar ads on any site you visit. This is called behavior targeting.This is not a new concept. For example if you are searching for footwear on Google, you will see many footwear ads on websites and sometime even inside your Yahoo Mailbox. They work on a very large scale for this. In this way they are able to show up the relative products and boost sales. It is not annoying, but it really hurts that someone is trying to readout what you are doing on the web. That is pathetic. This companies must try to out some other stuff. Like surveys or contest to find out what people actually like. Engage them in more interaction. This is not the first time that Facebook is going to work on some kind of new technology which might target a users behavior. The profile rating thing looks a rumor.

I had seen a news before on the same thing. It says that whatever you do on web is being watched. Now this can be for security purpose also. It helps the government to block any anti-social message and track the person who is spreading it.

Social network and Search engine gets the largest traffic. The place where this site can identify what a person wants from the core level. Keeping the web completely free for all can be a issue. Social networking is termed as one of the biggest threat to spread aggression among the web. Also on the same hand it act as a important source of interaction. Now a group of people can misuse this thing. For that purpose this sites have to take major steps to improvise them self. Because if anything wrong happen on wide-scale people will loose their trust on this. This is only for the social networking thing. Talking about the search engine, they are always targeting activities. The type of keyword you search, the type of site you visit often, and on that basis they give you the ads. This is the only motive I think.