Thread: IE 10 on Windows 8 wont allow me to use SkyDrive

IE 10 on Windows 8 wont allow me to use SkyDrive

I use SkyDrive since long time, it is having about 5Gb of my important files, great service from Microsoft. Due to some problems, i recently had to re-install my windows. After re-installation i didn't installed the desktop version of SkyDrive for security reasons, hence wanted to use it through the browser itself but here is the problem. Neither the Metro IE nor the desktop version IE allow me to access my Drive. As soon as i launch Skydrive in the browser, it flashes the drive for 2 seconds and browser gets crashed. I dont know what could be the reason.

Just to test out if the problem is not with SkyDrive, i used Firefox and it worked good. But i dont want to use Microsoft products on any other browser. Hence can anyone here please let me know why am not able to use SkyDrive on Internet Explorer? Is it just me or somebody else faced the problem? Please help.

Re: IE 10 on Windows 8 wont allow me to use SkyDrive

I too use Skydrive on my desktop. But just to check out if there is any problem using it on IE 10 like yours, i tried opening Skydrive on my browser and it worked good. No crash no problem, i used it for about half and hour. So what i guess could be causing the problem with your browser would be any third party mods or plugins. Just try running your browser in No-Addon mode and see if it still crashes with skydrive. If not, you will have to find out the culprit add-on and uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev-Datta View Post
    So what i guess could be causing the problem with your browser would be any third party mods or plugins. Just try running your browser in No-Addon mode and see if it still crashes with skydrive. If not, you will have to find out the culprit add-on and uninstall.
    I appreciate your help Dev but there doesn't seems to be any problem with the Add-ons. My browser still crashes in No-Addons mode. What now? Is there anyway to re-install the browser itself?

Nope, you just cannot uninstall or re-install Internet Explorer because it is windows built-in component. Although you can turn it off and On again from control panel. But I don’t think that is gonna help because the problems isn’t with IE. I did some research on this and found these a faulty module named MSHTML.dll which causes such problems. Now I don’t know how to deal with this, you will have to find out the same.