Thread: IE11 won't allow me to download anything

IE11 won't allow me to download anything

I know Internet Explorer is the most secured browser in the world, hence i always use the same for browsing my secured sites like bank accounts, financial stuffs, etc. But since i upgraded to Windows 8.1, IE is getting annoying day by day. Its been over a week now, this new browser just wont allow me to download anything from anywhere on the web.

No matter if you are trying to get some file from secured site or non-secure site, as soon as you click the download link, it says the file cannot be downloaded. Thats it. No more information, nothing. Its surely not normal. Can anyone please tell me how do we fix this issue?

Re: IE11 won't allow me to download anything

Internet Explorer 10 or 11 Preview comes with enhanced security level and protection, these options are by default enabled when you install the system. Hence you need to make it low to fix these problems because the browser consider all downloadable files as risk.

In order to lower the security level, open Internet Explorer desktop version, click Tools, click Internet Options. Go to Advanced Tab and uncheck the box for "Enable Advanced Protection Mode". Now restart the browser and try downloading it should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno007 View Post
    In order to lower the security level, open Internet Explorer desktop version, click Tools, click Internet Options. Go to Advanced Tab and uncheck the box for "Enable Advanced Protection Mode". Now restart the browser and try downloading it should work fine.
    I appreciate your help Bruno007, but unfortunately that doesn't seems to be working. I did it twice but yet the same problem.

Any other help please?

I don’t think this is Internet Explorer’s Bug because even I am using IE 11 Preview and my downloads work fine. There should be some another problem. You should better try resetting the browser because if it was because of high security level, Enable Advanced Protection Mode should have fix it. As that too didn’t worked, you have to reset the browser because there is something wrong with it possibly because it is still in testing mode.

Thanks Zia. You were right. Resetting the browser did fixed the problem.

However after resetting I was still facing the same problem. But just went to Advanced Tab again and Enable Advanced Protection Mode. Thereafter, no problem. Everything working good.