Thread: How to install Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 8

How to install Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 8

Recently bought a new brand new Toshiba laptop which came pre-loaded with Windows 8. I was very happy to get this new lappy with new operating system. But after using it for few days i noticed several problems with Internet Explorer 10. I have some of my favorites that includes my bank website, my business websites, etc which are not working at all or working partially with this browser. tried both Metro as well as desktop version. Hence, what i want to do is, reverting back to IE 9 where all these sites were working good.

I request you guys to please let me know how can i revert back to IE 9 on Windows 8? I tried finding out on my own, but didn't got the option. Thanks for your helps.

Re: How to install Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 8

Well, unfortunately you just cannot do that. The least version of Internet Explorer supported in Windows 8 is Internet Explorer 10 that comes preloaded.

If it is very important for you than you may need to install Virtual PC with Win 7, and install IE 9 on the same.

Thats the only way as of now.

Thats really sad. I dont know what makes Microsoft to put such limitation. What will a user do in a situation like mine? And obviously installing a resource hungry virtual PC just for a browser is not at all a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Namchan View Post
    If it is very important for you than you may need to install Virtual PC with Win 7, and install IE 9 on the same.
    Hello Namchan. There is also an another way for this? If you don’t know, the desktop version of Internet Explorer 10 offers you option to browse in earlier version of IE.

You just need to launch the browser and hit F12 key. This will bring up Browser Mode where you can select IE 7, IE 8, IE9. There is no need to uninstall IE 10 or install Virtual PC.