Thread: Internet Explorer Metro wont play YouTube videos

Internet Explorer Metro wont play YouTube videos

I have a desktop as well as laptop running windows 8. Actually the desktop is recently updated to windows 8from 7. Everything is working good except few problems with Internet Explorer 10. As the title says, i am not able to play youtube videos only on Metro IE. I am able to browse the site but whenever play any video, it gives me an error message saying something like "an error occurred, try again later. Learn more". While the same video works good in the desktop version of IE 10. Any idea what could be wrong and how can i fix it?

Re: Internet Explorer Metro wont play YouTube videos

I dont think this could be the Flash Player problem as you said the videos are working great in Desktop version. But still i would suggest you to better try updating the Flash Player to latest version as i have seen with earlier windows version where even though the flash contents work good in one browser, they give problems with another browser.

Just to make sure it is not flash problem, try updating your Flash Player and let me know the results.

There could be two reasons for this problem.

First: As you guys would be aware that Google and YouTube teams are working on new version of YouTube, HTML5. This testing is in process since long months and still going on. They are trying to make youtube work without any use of Adobe’s flash player or Microsoft’s Silverlight, using HTML5 Player. If you guys might have noticed, we face several problems from last six months on youtube with any browser. Sometimes it just wont play the video, but after refresh plays fine. Sometimes we just cannot forward the timer, sometimes it just wont buffer, etc etc. This is all because of the testing and I guess this what the cause of your issue.

Second: There would be some add-on which would be conflicting with the same but as far as I know we cannot install or uninstall Add-ons in Metro browser, you should better continue using Youtube on desktop version itself.

Thanks for the explanation guys. First of all I tried updating my Flash Player and all but the problem remains as it was earlier. Secondly, Due to some reasons in need to play the videos on Metro IE itself. Isn’t there any other way?

Well if it is so important, then just try clearing your browser’s cache, cookies, temporary internet files, etc and then restart the browser. Now see if you are able to play the videos.