Thread: Internet Explorer 10 Script error 1791 while printing

Internet Explorer 10 Script error 1791 while printing

I dont know how this started all of a sudden. I am using Windows 8 with IE 10 since past 5 months, this system is connected with HP all in one printer/scanner which was working great with IE 10 since i updated to win 8. There was no issue at all but all of a sudden, since last Saturday, whenever i try to print any web page or online PDF docs, it gives me an error message saying something like "Script Error 1791". This is the first time i came across this error, hence dont have any idea. Hope somebody from you can help me out with this.

Re: Internet Explorer 10 Script error 1791 while printing

This could be either because of high security level in IE or because of some faulty Add-On. You will need to check for the same. First of all go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Option and uncheck the box "Enable Protective Mode". Try printing now and see if it works fine.

If not and still getting the same error, then Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools > Internet Options > Security tab. Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK. Try again.

Is till you getting the same problem then disable all Add-ons and give the print. It should surely work fine now because there is an add-on conflicting with the functionality. You will need to find it out by enabling one by one add-on and printing after every one of them. When you get the error again, just remove the last add-on you enabled.

Well I don’t think any of these solution is going to work because I’m watching this and more printing errors with Internet Explorer since past 2 years when it was in version 8. Surprisingly, I didn’t found a single 100% working solution for the same.

Microsoft suggest to always run Internet Explorer as an Administrator by right clicking its icon or launcher and selecting Run as Admin. I found this in one of their Knowledge base to deal with printing errors in IE.

As I don’t use IE (just in rare case) I have nothing to do with this but you can give it a try. Hope it works.

I am not sure but this can also be because of outdated printer driver. Just to be on the safer side, I will suggest you to download the latest version of driver and install. May be this can fix the error. Also try reconnecting the printer with PC using the following steps:
    • Unplug the printer's USB cable from your PC.
    • Note:For wireless printers, turn the printer off.
    • Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
    • Right-click your printers icon and select Remove device.
    • Reconnect your printer to your PC using the USB cable.