Thread: remove facebook pic used by outlook.com

remove facebook pic used by outlook.com

I started using Outlook.com and I have synced it with my facebook profile. After that outlook started using every other profile pic that I am using on my facebook account. I dont want Outlook to use my facebook profile pic, so can anyone tell me how do I remove it? I went in the Outlook options but cannot see a way to disable this feature? Any ideas

Re: remove facebook pic used by outlook.com

When you are logged in Outlook.com then check the top right side of the page, there is a button with your name and it also has your picture on it. Just try to click on it and then choose Edit Profile. After that it will take you to an option and will show you all your social accounts that you have synced too. Just click on the Facebook account there and then remove the sync and your profile pictures will be taken out.

If the above solution doesnt work then open your Outlook account and then go to Inbox and then Options and then go to Content from third party networks. After that you will get an option to "Dont show Public Content", just click on it and then save your settings. This way your facebook profile pic will not appear to any public as it will be cleared now.

This thing happens when you sync your social networking account to your Outlook.com mailing services. Outlook will simply pull pictures from your facebook account that you have connected and also all the contacts in your list will be able to view those. You dont need to worry about this since your contacts will be able to only view your profile on Outlook and cannot edit it without your permissions.